1. Do I need a permit? If so, How do I obtain one?

Yes. All new work requires an (MDE) Maryland Department of Environmental permit (state). You are also required to obtain a local, county permit. Gibbons Marine Construction can provide all the processing, applications and drawings needed for your permit. You can also go to

2. Are you licensed and insured?

Yes! We consider this an important asset for your protection. We have a Maryland home improvement license (MHIC# 88030, MDE #006E) and are fully insured.

3. What areas in Southern Maryland do you service?

We service all of the Patuxent river and its attached waterways. We can access parts of the Potomac by land.